SCUBAnauts International, Inc. Scholarship Program
SNI would like to offer a deserving budding marine scientist, age 12-17, the opportunity to participate in one of the most forward thinking, energetic, and environmentally conscious groups in the world. The lucky recipient will receive all the privileges and benefits of being a member of SCUBAnauts International, Inc.
SCUBAnauts International, Inc. will provide the recipient with training in SCUBA diving. This will include Open water certification, Diving First Aid, Oxygen Provider, Emergency Management and Scientific Diver status. There will be opportunities to work with scientists from several disciplines. SNI regularly partners with NOAA, MOTE, FWC and others. Topics range from coral health to fish counts, water quality to shark behavior.
The recipient will be required to complete an application, personal interview, pass an AAUS medical exam and a swim test, agree to the SNI Standards of Character, Citizenship and Leadership and WORK HARD.
Once chosen, the new SCUBAnaut will be required to attend meetings, participate in organized activities, and work toward advancing their rank. They will be responsible for maintaining their SCUBA gear and being prepared for activities. It is important to have an adult sponsor to facilitate the Naut’s ability to achieve their goals.
SCUBAnauts is dedicated to helping students succeed. If you want help with your application, have questions about the program or requirements, or just want to see if you’re what we’re looking for, contact email@example.com
- Open Water Certification fees
- Membership fees
- Uniform fees
- Training fees
- Dive gear
- Local diving opportunities
- Attendance for one summer adventure
- Must be age 12 – 17
- Complete application
- References – supply 2 personal references
- Ability to pass AAUS diving physical and swim test
- *Adult participation/sponsor*
- July 31, 2022
- Scholarship term will remain in effect as long as the scholarship recipient fully participates in program activities and requirements or until recipient ages out at 19. Annually, the recipient will submit a one page review of the previous year to include benefits of program, personal progress and suggestions to make scholarship program more impactful to recipients.
- SCUBAnauts International Scholarship Overview
- Scholarship Application
- SCUBAnauts International Scholarship Agreement
SPONSOR A ‘NAUT!
If you or your company would like to sponsor a SCUBAnaut, a donation of $3,000 funds one student for a full year.
Smaller amounts help offset annual scholarships and smaller scholarships for individual dives or events.
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
1497 Main Street, #221
or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
SNI’s Group Exemption Number is 57075 and SNI’s EIN is 01-0843142, and their Florida Charitable Solicitation Registration Number is CH19402. A Copy of the Official Registration and Financial Information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling (800) 435-7352. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State of Florida
A receipt of charitable giving can be requested for tax purposes.