SCUBAnauts International, Inc. Scholarship Program
SCUBAnauts International, Inc. will provide the recipient with training in SCUBA diving. This will include Open water certification, Diving First Aid, Oxygen Provider, Emergency Management and Scientific Diver status. There will be opportunities to work with scientists from several disciplines. SNI regularly partners with NOAA, MOTE, FWC and others. Topics range from coral health to fish counts, water quality to shark behavior.
The recipient will be required to complete an application, personal interview, pass an AAUS medical exam and a swim test, agree to the SNI Standards of Character, Citizenship and Leadership and WORK HARD.
Once chosen, the new SCUBAnaut will be required to attend meetings, participate in organized activities, and work toward advancing their rank. They will be responsible for maintaining their SCUBA gear and being prepared for activities. It is important to have an adult sponsor to facilitate the Naut’s ability to achieve their goals.
In the event that the recipient does not complete the first year of the program, all dive gear provided will be returned to SNI in the condition it was received except for normal wear and tear. However, all certifications will remain with the recipient except for the Scientific Diver status.
- Open Water Certification fees
- Membership fees
- Uniform fees
- Training fees
- Dive gear
- Local diving opportunities
- Attendance for one summer adventure
- Must be age 12 – 17
- Complete application
- References – supply 2 personal references
- Ability to pass AAUS diving physical and swim test
- *Adult participation/sponsor*
- December 15, 2020
- Scholarship term will remain in effect as long as the scholarship recipient fully participates in program activities and requirements or until recipient ages out at 19. Annually, the recipient will submit a one page review of the previous year to include benefits of program, personal progress and suggestions to make scholarship program more impactful to recipients.
- SCUBAnauts International Scholarship Overview
- Scholarship Application
- SCUBAnauts International Scholarship Agreement
If you or your company would like to sponsor a SCUBAnaut, a donation of $2,500 funds one student for a full year. Smaller amounts help offset annual scholarships and smaller scholarships for individual dives or events.